Sunday, November 19, 2006

A First Time For Everything

Yesterday I did something I've never done before.

I stopped at a scenic lookout point, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, that I have driven past more than 100 times in my life.

As a kid, I did so as a passenger in my parents' car, so I was never really aware of it. Once I started driving myself through life, though, I was usually too focused on my destination or my schedule to take the time to stop.

Yesterday I did.

And it was beautiful.

And kinda windy.

And it made me thankful for the beautiful scenery in my home state.
And reminded me how important it is to slow down once in a while.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Udge said...

Yes, good for you. The world is full of beauty and magic, one just has to let them happen.

Found you via the randomizer