Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Bloggies

The winners of the 2006 Bloggies were announced yesterday. Yep, that's like the Academy Awards of the blog world, except nobody dresses up (nobody really shows up, either, unless they're already at SXSW in Austin), and the prizes are usually around 20 bucks (2006 cents this year) and whatever random prizes fellow bloggers donate to the pool.

Some of my favorite blogs were nominated in various categories, including
Loobylu, PostSecret, Finslippy, kottke.org, and, of course, the Mother of all mother blogs, Dooce. Some of them won and some of them didn't, but each speaks to a different part of my personal interest bank. I'm excited now to check out some of the other nominees and winners in whatever spare time I can carve out in the wee hours of the night.

Have you started a blog yet? No, I don't get kickbacks from any secret blogging agency for recruiting new bloggers, I'm just a devotee who's sold on the wave of self publishing that's giving a voice to the masses. Plus, the whole process just appeals to the family historian/scrapbooker in me; I'm hoping this blog is a great gift for my kids one day--to see what life, and they, were like when we were all younger.

Creating a blog is easy, it's free, and it's a fun way to stay in touch with family, share recipes, chronicle your family history, share a bit of your culture, or just write about things you love and want to buy. It can be whatever you want it to be.

Let me know your new blog address once you get set up so I can stay in touch with you, too.

No comments: