Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I Love When The System Works In My Favor

We went to see Santa Friday night -- a night Finn won a Christmas tree in a grand-prize drawing and a night I remembered my camera but forgot my memory card.

Thus, no photos!

But we waited to see Santa anyway, and instead of posing for shots, the kids actually just chatted with the big guy.

Santa: "What would you like for Christmas this year?"

Finn: "Anything's ok."

Santa: "Oh, I see. I've got this big box full of rocks, then. Will that do?"

Finn & Shea: giggle, giggle

Santa: "Well, I'll see what we can find for you. In the meantime, I want you (speaking to Finn) to stop picking on your little sister so much. And I want you (speaking to Shea) to stop tattling on your brother so much. OK, kids? Merry Christmas!"

Finn, to me after thanking Santa and leaving his lap:

"You see, Mom -- he really DOES see everything!"

No comments: